Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A personal note from a grateful author –

I want to thank each one of you who encouraged me and supported me in my writing endeavors, and a special thanks to those who bought my books and posted reviews. There are no words to express my appreciation. After over fifteen years of writing and editing, it’s gratifying to know someone is actually interested in reading the stories I’ve written. I’ve received several letters from readers, and every one warms my heart.

The Donatelli Series is available for the Kindle and Nook. I wrote an introductory short story called Nick’s Journey, then there are four full-length books in the series – Maxine, Blind Love, The Inheritance, and The Inn at Dead Man’s Point. All have some suspense in them, some more than others, and they all feature members of the Donatelli family.

In Maxine, Nick Donatelli is a divorced construction worker living in a little cabin on the shores of Puget Sound. Nick rescues heiress Cara Andrews after the cabin she’s renting collapses in an earthquake. She’s hiding from her husband, who wants to lock her in an institution and steal her money. Nick doesn’t recognize her, so she tells him her name is Max. He calls her Maxine and takes care of her until she recovers from her injuries. When Nick discovers who she really is, their budding friendship is strained. He knows she’s married and out of his league, so he tries to keep his hands off, but it isn’t easy.

If you’ve ever watched The Bachelor or the other looking-for-love shows on television and wondered why a beautiful woman would humiliate herself on a show where the man had a 95% chance of rejecting her, you’ll like Blind Love. Catherine Timmons convinces handsome carpenter Tony Donatelli to star in the show she’s producing, but one crisis after another ultimately takes the show out of Catherine’s hands. Tony is stunned when he learns the concept of the show. He knows Catherine is the person who thought of making him wear a blindfold on the first few shows, so he can’t see which woman he’s interviewing. How can he choose a woman without seeing her? And why would Catherine give him to another woman on a stupid television show?

Blade Banner inherits his grandfather’s fortune, but there are conditions on The Inheritance. To get it all, he must marry before his 40th birthday, which is in a few weeks. How can a guy who’s never had a long-term committed relationship find a woman to marry that quickly? Maria Donatelli Fredricks, divorced mother of four, finds Blade and her two youngest boys in Blade’s garage, washing her family dog. She’d chased the neighbor’s cat and fell into the pan of dirty oil under Blade’s Harley. He doesn’t know she can hear his thoughts, and they are interesting. He wants to send the kids home and take her into his bedroom and… She can’t wait to get the dog and take her boys home, away from this hunky biker who smells like oil and sweat and testosterone. She doesn’t need another man in her life. Especially this one.

Alessandro Donatelli, an architect, buys the run-down Inn at Dead Man’s Point from the elderly owner. She’s about to lose it because she can’t afford to pay the back taxes. The old woman gives him a good price, with the understanding that she can live out the rest of her life there. The inn is a good investment, on a prime piece of waterfront property. It’s big enough for them both, and the woman is frail and ninety years old. She wouldn’t be around much longer. When the woman breaks her arm, her great-niece comes to take care of her. He didn’t realize her niece was the girl he’d had a crush on in high school, the one who broke his heart. Jenna Madison is furious that Aunt Mattie sold him the inn. How could she do that when Jenna’s parents bought a half-interest in the inn before they died? Jenna is determined to find evidence that she owns half the inn. But the old woman isn’t the sweet little old lady Alessandro thought she was, and she has plans of her own for the inn.


What’s next? The Kane Family Ghosts, a series of five paranormal romances with mostly friendly ghosts. They should be available in a few weeks. I’m working on a sequel to The Enemy’s Wife, an as yet unpublished book. The Victim’s Sister is the title of the next book in the MacKendrick Brothers Series.

Happy Anniversary to my husband, Russ. We were married forty-nine years ago in Eau Gallie, Florida. I was a secretary for Pan Am, and he was in the Navy, serving on the Polaris Submarines. Now we’re both old and gray and grumpy. Irritating though he sometimes is, I’ve decided to keep him. 


10 comments:

  1. So glad your books are having so much success. :D I've downloaded a few...even though I've already read them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stories, Sue. You really bring your characters and stories to life for your reader. Can't wait to read these new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jeannie and Judythe. I love the characters in the Donatelli Series, especially the men. The setting for most of these books is Gig Harbor, Washington, a pretty little town on Puget Sound, where we live for nearly thirty years. I hope you enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,
    Your books are truly wonderful!!! Great reading. I have read the Donatelli series, The Martinson Ranch series, The Gregory series and have just downloaded the Kane Family series. looking forward to many hours of wonderful reading. Hope you are working on another series.

    Thanks again,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having trouble accessing your books on B&N. Have you experienced any trouble with them lately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look for the Donatelli Series on Barnes & Noble at the end of this month. The others should already be there.

      Delete
  6. I just read the first 4 books of the Kane series....soooooo good that I couldn't put them down.!! You are the best... Please write a book about Taylor and then one about Bobby ....can't wait... Please stay up all night and do this! I am older than dirt, been married 50 years and love your stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like my stories. You can't be any older than me. I met my husband 50 years ago on July 4th, married him six months later. Our three kids are nearly old enough to join AARP.

      Taylor and Bobby? If I decided to do another series about Hannah and Donovan's grandchildren, I'd start with Sarah, the girl in the last Kane book. But right now, I don't have any plans to do that.

      Delete
    2. Please hurry and publish another book.. I have read them all.... What will I read now???

      Delete
  7. You should definitely to the kane series!!! I just started the series 6 days ago and just finished the fifth book...I really hope you continue with the series you are an excellent author and I cannot get enough of this series :)
    Please write more to this series!!!

    ReplyDelete